Friday, February 12, 2010

Best In Show: Love in the Big Apple

"Where is Busy Bee?!?!?! Where is Busy Bee??!!?"

One of the best lines in one of the best scenes in one of the best movies ever--"Best in Show".  This is on my mind as my daughter and I are off to the Westminster Dog Show this weekend with my mother and sis-in law. (All due to and many thanks given to V.C. for making this happen.)

We are all very excited, as you can imagine, but my daughters excitement is palpable--the ever changing lists of dogs she wants to see, pet, buy, play with etc.  The park, toy store, museums she wants to see on our free day. (Okay, I made up the museum part, but I'm ever hopeful).

The excitement ratcheted up a notch or two when she realized that we would be in NY over Valentines Day.  She picked out an outfit (black skinny jeans, black and pink high tops, black small paul t-shirt and a black and red sparkly rocker jacket/hoody ala Avril Lavinge) and asked to wear it to a 'fun & funky' place with good food for our Valentines Day Dinner.  She begged me, as only a 7-year old can, to wear something "non mommyish" so that we could be "cool chicks" together. 

Which then immediately led to my own "where is Busy Bee?" moment in my closet yesterday as I tried to find something that fit, was 'non mommyish' and for a 'cool chick'.  As with Busy Bee in the movie, this outfit was not to be found--ever.

So, dog show?  Check.  Fun & Funky?  Check.  Good Food?  Double Check. Park, toy store and museum? Checkity-check-chek.  One mommyish semi-cool chick dame in comfortable earth tones?  Abo-friggin-lutely!  

Watch out New York. Here we come.  

No comments:

Post a Comment